Digital Marketing Manager or Executive
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
Competitive salary depending on experience
We are currently looking for a Digital Marketing Executive or Manager to join our sales and marketing team, supporting our e-commerce campaigns and contributing to the overall performance of the business.
This role will report to the Sales & Marketing Director and provides a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting sales team in a fun environment. Holidays are fun times, and we’re all about having fun at work too!
The purpose of the role is to:
- Work with other members of the senior sales team to plan annual strategy and deliver your aspects of the integrated marketing plan; the primary objective is to achieve the holiday sales targets through new customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Use data, insight and research to understand our guest profile, needs and preferences to drive product development to ensure we’re delivering “the right message to the right customers at the right time in the right way”.
- Work closely with our e-commerce specialist agency partners (PPC, SEO, Digital PR, CRO, Programmatic, Social CPC, web developers) including to optimise digital marketing performance and conversion.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing Director to understand our customers’ purchasing behaviour, identify business objectives and implement all activity as required to meet sales targets.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure an aligned marketing and communications strategy including a consistent brand look and tone of voice across all channels.
- Work closely with the Contact Centre Sales Manager and the call centre team to optimise performance and conversion of customer contact activity.
- Manage social media platforms including creating and publishing content, advertising opportunities and customer feedback.
- Create email marketing campaigns, analyse performance and link campaigns with other marketing channels such as direct mail, SMS and remarketing.
- Edit and create content for the main customer facing website, blog and third party websites.
- Manage third party relationships to ensure they follow our strategy and tone of voice.
- Effectively communicate with other key team members including Contact Centre Sales Manager, Marketing Manager and Sales Team Leaders as well as Park team leaders including General Managers and Directors, ensuring effective exchange of information in a timely manner.
- Any other ad hoc tasks required to support the business.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A broad, strong and current marketing background which must include digital in an e-commerce environment of at least 2 years
- A robust commercial understanding where ROI is used as the core measure
- Experience of working with agencies and other partners
- Experience of managing brand creative and communications
- An ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Competency using Excel, Word and Photoshop, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in the detail, highly numerate and analytical but with a level head working under pressure with consistent quality of work
- A knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook Adverts Manager, DoubleClick and be up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Experience using CMS software, Joomla! and WordPress would be an advantage, as well as CRM software and techniques
- A proactive approach to work and passionate in achieving and exceeding targets
The ideal candidate may also have an:
- Experience of marketing within the travel and tourism industry
- Education to degree standard, but A-Level standard as a minimum
- Understanding of emerging e-commerce platforms including paid social, programmatic and video
- Experience in HTML would be a benefit
- Understanding of marketing forces