Marketing Manager (online) – full time, permanent
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
£22,000 to £26,000 depending on experience
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks are all about providing quality, innovative experiences to our guests – we’re big enough that we can be at the forefront of developments yet small enough to ensure we stay close to our customers.
We now have an opportunity for an experienced and passionate Marketing Manager (online) who shares our values to join our successful sales and marketing team.
Reporting directly to the Sales & Marketing Director, you will be working closely with our contact centre team, holiday park operational teams and our external digital marketing suppliers. Working with the Sales & Marketing Director, this role is responsible for assisting with the planning of and then maintaining the agreed marketing plan.
We have a personalised, tailored approach which means “one glove doesn’t fit all” so segmentation and intelligent targeting are essential in everything we do. You will be responsible for delivering a robust digital first communications plan across various channels such as email, app notifications and SMS. As with all digital marketing this means you need to be both creative and analytical.
As well as communicating directly with our current and potential customers, you’ll also be a skilled web editor able to make technical changes using our Joomla content management system as well as analysing and implementing SEO recommendations from our external agency.
You’ll also be reporting on and optimising performance of user journeys, working with our CRO agency experts to increase conversion across devices, channels and landing pages at all times.
You’ll be able to write copy too, whether that is for dedicated website landing pages or creating content for our blog using a WordPress CMS. You will also work closely with the contact centre team to ensure alignment across social media, the website, the app and our self-service chat bot.
We have a roll-your-sleeves-up and close-to-our-customers approach so you’ll be able to manage and prioritise a constant workload… you won’t be overworked and won’t be taking your work home with you, but you’ll busy adding value to the business when you’re present.
Main duties include:
- Build and send targeted emails using our in-house EMS, create copy, analyse results and ensure leads are followed-up
- Drive website content updates to understand and implement improvements across all areas of digital marketing
- Maintaining and editing content on our proprietary guest app, liaising with our Park teams to ensure accurate and engaging content
- Championing the development of our AI-powered self service experience
- Manage third party online referrals to drive leads and sales volumes
- Awareness of new trends, technologies and techniques, implementing these where appropriate
- Active involvement in the budgeting process and legal compliance (ie data protection, trading regulations etc)
- Producing a weekly activity report to present to the Sales & Marketing Director in the weekly Sales Team meeting, where you’ll attend this round-table planning meeting with the contact centre Sales Manager & Sales Team Manager and any invited guests, chaired by the Sales & Marketing Director.
These tasks will not form part of your day-to-day role and responsibilities, but you must maintain a constant awareness of current and future activities in these areas:
- Maintaining the excellent established relationship with third party agencies handling paid and organic search and social marketing all with the primary focus on conversion
- Collaborating in CRO tests, analysing results and implementing learnings as directed
- Content generation such as stills, video, 360-degree tours and VR content
- Assisting the Sales & Marketing Director with off line activity as appropriate, such as brochures and direct mail
You will also assist with the development of new websites as well as maintaining the current websites and there may be a requirement to support the wider team with other initiatives as needed.
- Be focused on detail, organised and flexible
- Be commercially aware and focused
- Excellent and engaging communication skills
- Proven budget management and awareness of ROI
- Analytical with experience of understanding GA data
- Collaborative working with other team members and able to gain buy-in in every task
- Able to bring our holiday experience to life across digital media in a creative way, so prior Photoshop experience is desirable
- Already be up to speed with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads and the latest digital marketing trends
- Tech-savvy – you’ll already know how websites work, CSS and perhaps already know some html, but be able to pick up new skills quickly
This is a full-time role working an average of 40 hours a week over 5 days, which due to the nature of the business may include occasional weekends and bank holidays. You will have at least 4 years’ experience in a digital sales and marketing role, with at least the 2 most recent years spent consistently in a B2C e-commerce environment. To apply you may have this demonstrable experience. We regret that if you apply without meeting this essential criteria we will not be able to consider your application. Experience in holiday parks, travel or other leisure industry would be a distinct advantage.