Assistant Bar and Restaurant Manager
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
Competitive rates of pay
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Bar and Restaurant Manager to join our award-winning, family-owned holiday parks in Devon.
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks are a group of large, modern Holiday Parks situated in the beautiful village of Woolacombe, home to England’s best beach. We are part of a leading independent holiday company and offer guests self-catering accommodation in a range of sizes to suit all budgets along with modern camping and touring facilities. The parks also combine a variety of outstanding guest facilities including swimming pools, sports facilities, extreme activities, and catering/retailing outlets.
We are looking for an energetic, highly organised, and driven individual with at least 2 years management experience within a similar role. This is very much a hands-on role in a fast-paced, customer facing environment.
- Responsible for bar and restaurant team members’ performance during your shift, day to day financial performance, cash and stock, cellars, security and health and safety.
- Ensuring the safety of customers and team members and security of cash, stocks, cellars and the venue itself is maintained.
- Following the required procedures for stock takes, receiving deliveries and cellar management.
- Following and enforcing all relevant legislation including health and safety, hygiene, fire and licensing laws including Think 25.
- Dealing effectively and efficiently with customer complaints following the company guidelines and best practices.
- Taking action on customer queries and feedback in the interest of the customer and the business.
- Serve and present food and beverages, professionally and efficiently, meeting our high standards of exceptional customer care.
- Take food and drinks orders and serve to table / clear tables.
- Ensuring that all bars, restaurant, cellars and customer areas are presentable and safe at all times.
- Keep up to date with current promotions, new products and coach team members to actively upsell and promote them to our customers.
- To coach your team to have a comprehensive knowledge of our menu’s so that we can serve our guests efficiently and promote, upsell and drive revenue.
- Completing all necessary paperwork in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the company guidelines, including assisting with rotas and time sheets.
- Supporting the Food and Beverage Manager and deputising in their absence.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in Food and Beverage Management is essential.
- Cellar experience is essential.
- An assertive, diplomatic hands on approach with a “Can do” attitude.
- You will need to be highly presentable, have excellent communication skills and a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to each and every one of our guests.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Generous food discount when you dine with us.
- Special discounted holiday rates for friends and family.
- Discounted and complimentary use of Parks’ facilities.
- Living and working beside England’s best beach.
- Full uniform provided.
- Free car parking.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
Due to the serving of alcohol, all applicants must be over 18 years of age.
This is a full-time seasonal position. The role includes working evenings, weekends, bank and school holidays across 7 days of the week, as such, you will need your own transport. Live in accommodation is not available with this role.
If you have the experience, enthusiasm and people skills needed to succeed as an Assistant Bar and Restaurant Manager with Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks, then we would love to hear from you.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us.