Outdoor Activity and Pools Team Leader
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
Here at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Outdoor Activity and Pools Team Leader to join our friendly professional team.
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks are a group of large, modern Holiday Parks situated in the beautiful village of Woolacombe, home to England’s best beach. We are part of a leading independent holiday company and offer guests self-catering accommodation in a range of sizes to suit all budgets along with modern camping and touring facilities. The parks also combine a variety of outstanding guest facilities including swimming pools, sports facilities, extreme activities, and catering/retailing outlets
As the Outdoor Activity and Pools Team Leader, you will deliver a variety of activities and sessions across our Extreme Activities and Pools departments which include High Ropes, Bungee Trampolines, Climbing Walls, a state-of-the-art Wave Surfing Simulator and a variety of indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Setting up activities and completing daily H&S Checklists.
- Checking bookings and completing forms/disclaimers.
- Setting rotas and organising team training.
- Rotating team between activities.
- Pool tests and reporting of Maintenance issues.
- Instructing Activities and safeguarding pool users.
- You will be the face and the first point of contact for our Extreme Activities department and swimming pools, making sure our customers have a safe, enjoyable and adventurous experience both on dry land and on the water.
- You will demonstrate excellent leadership skills, be a positive role model who leads their team by example and have a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- You will demonstrate a sound knowledge of Health and Safety procedures relating to the operation of a leisure department and must conform to company and industry related guidelines.
- Essential skills for this role include being a team player, happy to support colleagues whenever necessary, able to work well under pressure and with a positive outlook and attitude.
- Due to the varied nature of activities on offer we do require that any applicants are comfortable working with heights and are confident swimmers due to water based activities.
- Candidates who have previously worked as an Activity Leader / Sports Coach / Leisure Team Leader or have experience delivering activities or customer service to varied group sizes would be ideal,
- We are looking for applicants with a Sporting or Coaching background. Instructor Experience, Pool Lifeguard, Pool Plant Operators an advantage. Full training will be given, including Nationally Recognised RLSS Pool Lifeguard Qualification (if not already obtained) and ERCA High Rope Instructor.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Generous food discount when you dine with us.
- Special discounted holiday rates for friends and family.
- Discounted and complimentary use of Parks’ facilities.
- Living and working beside England’s best beach.
- Full uniform provided.
- Free car parking.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
This is your opportunity to share your passion for activities and new experiences with your team members and our customers of all ages, giving you the chance to expand existing activity provision as well as developing and introducing new dry, wet and water sports activities.
This is a full-time seasonal position. The role includes working during term time, day times, evenings, weekends, bank and school holidays across 7 days of the week, as such, you will need your own transport. Applicants must live within an easily commutable distance of the parks.
If you have the experience, enthusiasm and people skills needed to succeed as an Outdoor Activity and Pools Team Leader with Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks, then we would love to hear from you.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us.