Payroll and Accounts Assistant
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
Competitive rates dependent on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for a flexible and enthusiastic person with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn to become a key member within our busy accounts department, we are a small busy team and there will be daily interaction with all departments on the Holiday Parks. You will report directly to the Group Financial Controller.
This is a permanent full-time position that will offer a competitive salary to the right candidate looking to secure a long-term future within the Accounts Department of a large successful Family Owned business.
Key Responsibilities to include –
- Control and Administer the payroll and pension schemes and payments to staff including salary deductions. Payroll will include up to 500 staff during the peak season, reducing to 100 in the closed season.
- Assisting in preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis
- Assist with the processing of cashbook entries and bank reconciliations
- Facilitating the making of Sundry and Single payments
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances on a monthly basis
- Preparation and input of journals, prepayments, and accruals
- Assisting in weekly and monthly reporting to the Financial Controller
- Assisting with the external audits
- Part Professional or AAT qualified – although consideration will be given to exceptional candidates who have not completed formal qualifications
- Sage Payroll experience is essential
- Excellent MS Excel skills and be used to working with large amounts of data
- Forward thinking with regards to ideas and efficiencies that can be made
- Able to produce information accurately and to the stipulated deadlines
- Be a team player with an organised and flexible approach
- Business aware and understand the need for confidentiality
- Attention to detail
What can we offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay dependent on your experience.
- Generous food discount when you dine with us.
- Special discounted holiday rates for yourself, friends and family.
- Discounted and complimentary use of Parks’ facilities.
- Working beside England’s best beach.
- Free car parking.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
To apply please send CV with covering letter including details of current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org