Sales & Marketing Assistant (Communications & Content)
Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
£22,000 to £25,000 per year depending on experience
Are you still wanting to engage in an office environment but avoid the large numbers cities offices may attract? Are you interested in being hands on at the cutting edge of e-commerce in the booming UK holiday park industry? Are you creatively minded but still with an understanding of the principles of digital marketing.
You’d be part of a small, dynamic team working with a great family-run business, based in beautiful, rugged North Devon regularly voted as the best in the UK and known for its fine surfing waves, as Sales & Marketing Assistant.
Role – Communications & Content
You’ll bring your existing experience in digital marketing and/or e-commerce to assist the Sales & Marketing Director. This role requires a creative mindset as you’ll be responsible for the creation of content across the brand, but also a technical element understanding what underpins search and social media marketing.
- Plan, design, build, dispatch and report on the results of direct marketing campaigns by email and post.
- Using our understanding of SEO and keyword to work with colleagues and external SEM agencies to create first party (own website, blog, direct marketing etc) and third party (referral sites, guest blogging etc) content that drives traffic for organic search.
- Create and manage a rolling omnichannel content calendar to ensure we deliver the right message to the right people in the right way at the time.
- Selecting, planning and implementing still, video and 360-tour photography and model selection.
- Ensuring content and advertising across all channels is “on brand” with the correct “tone of voice”.
- Have an understanding of tracking and reporting sales, conversion rates, market trends, improving usability, design and content.
- Reviewing technologies and trends and keeping the company at the forefront of developments in digital marketing and current legislation.
- Experienced in the Leisure or Tourism marketing sector desirable.
Essential experience: You must have demonstrable recent experience of at least in digital marketing or e-commerce; please note this is not a graduate or trainee role.
Desirable experience: Graphic design and photo editing skills are an advantage but are otherwise are an opportunity for personal development. The role also has a technical element working closely with fellow team members so experience of using content management systems and web analytics is highly desirable.
This is an office-based role working 40 hours per week over 5 days, due to the nature of the business some weekend work, school and bank holidays may be required. Please note this role does not have a homeworking option.
Perks of the job!
- Earn £22,000 to £25,000 per year, depending on experience
- Free swimming pool access*
- Free uniform
- Discounts on extreme sports activities*
- Discounts for family and friends’ holidays*
- ‘Introduce a Friend’ scheme
- Company pension
- Discounts on food*
- Discounted gym access*
- Safety is always our top priority, so it goes without saying you’ll get all the PPE and training you need.
*selected times in the season April to October